10 Proven Benefits of Cannabis Oil
Read on for 10 proven benefits of cannabis oil from us at Medical Cannabis Oils. But there are hundreds of uses for this therapeutic plant. Cannabis oil comes from the cannabis plant and contains several compounds known to have a positive biological effect on living organisms such as animals and humans.
How CBD and THC Benefit Cannabis Oil
Cannabidiol (CBD) has many more than 10 proven benefits, being one of the main chemical compounds within cannabis. CBD has fantastic anti-inflammatory benefits and can be used to treat pain, insomnia, depression, anxiety, arthritis, high blood pressure and many more common ailments. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) also has plenty of proven benefits for human health and is another significant compound extracted from cannabis to be used for its healing and recreational effects. Being a psychoactive drug, THC can make users high but used responsibly it is a vital medicinal therapy.
When you consider that cannabis oil contains such amazing ingredients, it is time to look closely at its benefits. How can cannabis oil assist us to stay healthy, to fight disease and to conquer things like cancer and neurological illnesses?
Our 10 Proven Benefits of Taking Cannabis Oil
- Prevents Macular Degeneration – cannabis oil is good for the eyes, especially if you are prone to glaucoma. The oil has been shown to reduce the intraocular pressure (IOP) within the eye which can lead to loss of eyesight. A patient with glaucoma would need to take cannabis every 4 hours to treat it so this kind of remedy does still need more studies until it is absolutely proven that cannabis cures glaucoma. Meanwhile, cannabis oil is good for the immune system which means great eye health too.
- Pain Reduction – taking cannabis oil relieves pain and eases the side effects of conventional medication. Patients can handle higher levels of pain and their moods remain more steady when they take cannabis oil. For centuries people have been consuming cannabis for pain and now scientists are finding out why it works so well. The cannabinoids CBD and THC cling to receptors in the brain and immune system allowing the body to feel less pain. CBD is a powerful antioxidant and known analgesic especially for neuropathic pain.
- Induces Hunger – cannabis oil is a very useful therapy for anorexics and people with cancer who have lost their appetite. Cannabis oil can stimulate the digestive system so that you want to and need to eat. The oil triggers hormones which promote hunger and can also assist people with obesity as other hormones can be stimulated that suppress the appetite.
- Treats and Prevents Cancer – studies are continually emerging about the effects of cannabis oil on cancer and how many people who choose cannabis to treat their cancer actually save themselves. This kind of evidence is very convincing as are trials being done on animals and in labs – scientists are finding that cannabinoids can force cancer cells to commit suicide. These chemical compounds found in cannabis can also stop blood vessels supplying blood to tumours and prevent tumours from moving to other parts of the body. Cannabis oil can reduce tumor size, alleviate pain and nausea from cancer, stimulate appetite and promote sleep. It can also alleviate the effects of chemotherapy.
- Treats Anxiety and Stress – cannabis oil relaxes the mind when it interacts with receptors in the brain and induces a sense of calm. Taking cannabis oil promotes sleep and better appetite, reduces inflammation and treats depression – all associated with anxiety and stress.
- Effective for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – cannabinoids in cannabis oil are able to control the release of neurotransmitters therefore increasing the pleasure hormones in the body. Patients with PTSD were able to cope better, slept better and had less depression and anxiety.
- Asthma – taking cannabis oil as a therapeutic medicine can treat asthma by improving the breathing of patients whose lungs close up. CBD relieves the anxiety and lack of sleep associated with asthma, promoting better health all round.
- Enhances Skin – using cannabis topicals can do a lot for the skin, pain under the skin and pain in the joints. Cannabis creams or salves or balms can cure arthritis, muscle aches and skin conditions such as eczema, acne, psoriasis, rashes and sunburn. Rub it into the joints for all kinds of arthritis.
- Healthy Heart – cannabinoids can encourage blood vessels to relax and open up which then promotes better circulation and lower blood pressure. In this way, cannabis oils can prevent heart attacks, atherosclerosis, strokes, and other heart conditions.
- Enhances Sleep – cannabis oil has a calming effect on the mind and body therefore enabling better sleep patterns. THC helps insomniacs fall asleep faster and CBD removes anxiety and stimulates appetite, promoting better sleep. And there are no bad side effects from the cannabinoids.
The list goes on but we would love to hear from you about the 10 proven benefits of cannabis oil and if they have been the same for you. Contact us today if you know of any other proven benefits of cannabis oil and we can share them.