Can Medical Cannabis be Used as a Medicine?
When we hear the question, “Can medical cannabis be used as medicine?” we at Medical Cannabis Oils tend to say “Yes”. Medical cannabis has this name thanks to its healing powers, its ability to treat simple conditions and complex diseases. If extracts from a mere plant can give a cancer victim hope, a depressed person light and an inflamed body less pain is it not worth using cannabis products as a medicine?
Medical cannabis comes from all parts of the cannabis plant including the stem, leaves and flowers. Scientists are interested in the more than 100 different cannabinoids present in cannabis which are of use to human health. Cannabinoids are not new to the human body which produces its own, as part of the endocannabinoid system. The two main cannabinoids from cannabis, cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are being studied for their incredible healing properties. THC, however, is psychoactive and the recreational part of cannabis that people like to get high. CBD, though, has no side effects and is a great way to maintain health or treat an illness.
Use Medical Cannabis as Medicine for Pain
Medical cannabis can be used as a medicine especially when pain is the bottom line. Most people look for pain killers for all kinds of illnesses, from headaches and muscle spasms to cancer and fibromyalgia. Cannabis oil has been used to treat these conditions, across the spectrum, mostly with success. Medical cannabis can also be used as a medicine to treat the symptoms of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, mitigating the nausea, insomnia, lack of appetite and inflammation they cause. There are many different ways of taking medical cannabis including smoking (not very healthy), inhaling the oil through a vape pen, popping capsules, inserting suppositories, dropping tinctures under your tongue and rubbing a topical into your skin and joints.
We are aware that medical cannabis has been used as a medicine in many instances and has had tremendously positive results.
Cannabis has Medicated These Illnesses
- Pain – this is the most common affliction in today’s modern world where many people complain about headaches, migraines, muscles spasms, arthritis and more. Medical cannabis can be used to treat the inflammation better than normal pain killers, allowing those in pain to wean themselves off opiates and have a better quality of life. There are no side effects and the cannabis oil works instantly.
- Arthritis – a form of pain that attacks the joints, there are many kinds of complex arthritis. Treat the two most common types of arthritis with medical cannabis oil – oestoarthritis and rhuematoid arthritis cause pain, swelling and stiffness in the joints. Medical cannabis creams can soothe the pain and oral methods work well too. The cannabinoids restore the immune balance in the body which is severely affected by the arthritis.
- Muscular spasticity – medical marijuana or cannabis can be used as an effective medicine to treat movement disorders that result after strokes, cerebral palsy, paraplegia, Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s Disease. Medical cannabis oil can help with bladder control, speech issues and balance – all of these to do with the immune system which could be the weak link in these disorders, doctors think
- Digestive issues – medical cannabis can be the medicine you need for your stomach gripes and imbalances. The cannabis oil stops nausea and vomiting and deals with pain instantly. It can help stop the symptoms caused by Crohn’s Disease, Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Ulterative Colitis. Cannabinoids interact with endogenous cannabinoid receptors in these areas to calm colon spasms, pain and inflammation. Studies reveal how medical cannabis cannabinoids regulate the immune system to ensure a balance of health.
- HIV/AIDS – medical cannabis can assist patients with HIV/AIDS to combat the terrible symptoms and at least have a better quality life. Cannabinoids deal with nausea, lack of appetite, insomnia and pain.
- Cancer and chemotherapy – studies are finding that using medical cannabis oil as a medicine to treat cancer and to find relief from chemotherapy is possible. Cannabis oil stops nausea and inflammation and there is evidence now that the cannabinoids force cancerous cells to die and stop tumours from spreading in the body.
The best part about using medical cannabis as a medicine is that it is safe. It is safer to use than many prescribed medications which cause long-lasting side effects and addiction. Chat to us today about your cannabis oil order and how much you need for your health,