Cannabis Oil Could Fight Cervical CancerNovember 22, 2017
Cannabis Oil and Cancer Treatment – Read all about it hereNovember 28, 2017
How to Choose the Best Medical Cannabis Oil
Knowing how to choose the best medical cannabis oil comes with practice. There are many different strains out there and many types of cannabis plants. Cannabis oil itself is full of cannabinoids, chemical compounds which have many fantastic healing properties. To extract these oils from the cannabis plant means heating the cannabis and straining the oil from the plant material. Tinctures use ethanol alcohol to get the oils from the plant and are often prepared with a natural oil such as coconut or olive oil as its carrier oil. There are more than 100 different types of cannabinoids and terpenes depending on the plant and strain of cannabis.
Identifying your Cannabinoids
- Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the most well-known cannabinoid and the one with the most psychoactive effect. When you consume cannabis, you get high. So this chemical compound has been used for centuries by both recreational users and for its powerful medicinal values. There are other cannabinoids, however, that do not make you high and which have similar therapeutic properties.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) is the main cannabinoid in cannabis which has low quantities of THC. Cannabis growers are now developing their own variety of the plant that has more CBD for better medicinal use. CBD is used for nausea, pain, depression, insomnia, eating disorders and epilepsy.
- Cannabinol (CBN) is another cannabinoid that has slight psychoactive powers and is used mainly to treat seizures and intraocular pressure (the pressure of the fluid inside the eye which increases the risk of glaucoma).
- Cannabichromene (CBC) works well with THC to deal with pain and has calming benefits
- Cannabigerol (CBG) can also relieve the symptoms of glaucoma and can kill microorganisms and assist with pain relief
- Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) can treat disorders of the metabolism and lately, type 2 Diabetes.
The terpenes are molecules from the cannabis plant which can also offer healthy benefits. It is easy to choose the best medical cannabis oil once you have the right information at your fingertips. Read up on the effects of all these cannabinoids and find out more which cannabis oil will benefit you the most, depending on your ailments. Everyone has different needs and body weights and everyone is affected uniquely by illnesses.
Your choice of cannabis oil is affected by these factors:
- How much to take
- The type of cannabis plant and how you choose to consume it
- The context in which you take it
- Your experience and history in using cannabis products
- Biochemistry per person
- The mood you are in when you take it
- The diet you are on
Cannabis oils come from several species of cannabis plants: Cannabis sativa, Cannabis indica and Cannabis ruderalis. People have also created hybrids to have stronger or weaker cannabinoid products. Most of the cannabis plant is fibre so the cannabinoids make up a small percentage of the entire plant.
Contact us today about how to choose the best cannabis oil for your needs. We have all the information you need and some wonderful cannabis oils you can try.